Mr. X - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
A Bhatt film starring Emraan Hashmi can pique your interest only so much. After what we can call a typical start to a Bhatt-thriller, comes the typical death and inevitable resurrection/revival. The mumbo-jumbo is different, but outcome typical. What is atypical though is the resolution. It makes you sit up and notice, if you have been paying attention thus far, that is.
It doesn't help that the actors all seem to be going through the motions rather than emotions. It must be said though that the lead lady's character gets a bit more to do here than your typical film in this genre.
The story winds and unwinds way too much in the second half. It is almost as if the intriguing climax was the goal. The events leading up to it had to be convincing given the maze of characters and their motivations. So, whatever it took to get to that end given the constraints was done.
On the way you have some decent use of CGI, though I'd have liked to see it in 2D. The prosthetics are pretty awful, the kind that makes you laugh rather than gross you out.
At the end, I was a little surprised and a little disappointed. Given the dilemma and the conclusion thereof, the concept deserved better screenplay and writing. Should I be happy then that there seems to be a series on the way? ;)
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Lots of gun fights. And a human being burnt and disappearing from flesh to muscle to bone to nothing.
- Language: Clean
- Nudity & Sexual content: Making out scenes and liplocks
- Concept: Revenge against the system
Mr. X - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Vishesh Films, Fox Star Studios
- Producer: Mukesh Bhatt
- Director: Vikram Bhatt
- Lead Cast: Emraan Hashmi, Amyra Dastur, Nora Fatehi
- Dialogues: Shagufta Rafique
- Cinematography: Praveen Bhatt
- Editor: Kuldeep Mehan
- Background Score: Raju Singh
- Music Director: Ankit Tiwari, Ankur Tiwari, Jeet Gannguli
- Lyrics: Rashmi Singh, Mohnish Raza, Abhendra Kumar Upadhyay, Manoj Shukla
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 140 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Sci-fi, Thriller
Mr. X - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube