It's that time of the year, sorry decade.
As unbelievable as it may sound, I feel like I have seen far fewer films this year compared to the past 3-4 years. I've heard, "You haven't seen this one! Come on, how could you miss it?" way more than I'd like. I did myself a little service and thought I'd share it with you.
Presenting a list of lists, of "must watch" films from the last decade. Since there are way too many films in these lists that I haven't seen, I won't be able to comment on them, but I'm going to try and catch as many of these films as possible in this year. A new year resolution of sorts - Watch more films. :D
- Check out the Guardian's 100 best films of the noughties(linked to one-line reviews)
- The Telegraph UK's list - has a few titles that I'd love to have in my list, especially in the top 15. And of course, I had to include this list because it has a couple of Indian titles :)
- new.co.uk's worst movies list - It's always more important to know what NOT to watch. Interestingly this has one title that made has made it to some of the "best" lists. Oh well, To Each His Own
- metacritic - Another awesome list based on ratings by critics and users. It has a a 'worst' list too!
- Kino-eye - This one has some titles I haven't even heard of!
- uite101.com - This author talks about films he thinks were underrated.
- Unreality Shout - I liked this list because it had a few trailers stuck in along with the titles.
- Squidoo - Tries to cover all genres and firmly skips the most likely films.
So many films, so little time. sigh