Transformers Dark of the Moon - Review
More of the same ol' kaam-tum-dhasshum-kaching-boom-kaboom-screeeech-repeat. The concept is as cool as it was in the first film, but then I might as well just have watched the first one, right? Nope, neither the 3-D nor the rambling story add value.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
I love action films and I love the idea of machines transforming into other machines. Seriously, it's damn neat. It's not only the idea but also the slick way they've been transforming since Transformers (the first in the series). I like how the machines move and the sounds they make while they are at it. As sarcastic as it may sound (given the rating), I mean it. But more of the same? For all of two and a half hours? Naah. Don't make me hate something I love, by overdoing it.
Actually, I had already had enough with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen . The monotony of the action sequence in the climax made me nod off for a good twenty minutes. I'm not proud of it, especially since I was accompanying a Transformer-enthusiast. Oh no, I didn't sleep during this one, I was going to review it, so I couldn't sleep. So, that's no credit to the film.
For the non-action minutes in the film, which might be all of 20, there are a few good comic lines and a lot of mumbo-jumbo about freedom. There are good aliens vs. evil aliens. And how they cross and double-cross each other and humans. Which also means, the humans don't get much room to emote. They are scared and tense most, and they continue being that way through the rest of the film.
I understand and, maybe, even have come to terms with the fact that action films - of course not all of them - cannot be bothered with a story. And with Transformers: Dark of the Moon I wasn't expecting one either. But the very least they could have done was get creative with the action and the 3D. Some of the ways in which one car turns into a mean machine and back, it looks like a mere cut-and-paste from either an earlier scene or another car, color-corrected.
More action, I don't mind. More of the same - I have trouble spending time, energy and money on.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Only destruction
- Language: Clean
- Nudity & Sexual content: None other than skimpily clad lead actor
- Concept: Aliens vs. Humans
- General Look and Feel: slick and noisy
Transformers Dark of the Moon - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Website Twitter
- Banner: Paramount Pictures, Hasbro, Di Bonaventura Pictures
- Producer: Ian Bryce, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Michelle McGonagle, Don Murphy
- Director: Michael Bay
- Lead Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Peter Cullen, Hugo Weaving
- Supporting Cast: Josh Duhamel, John Turturro, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
- Cinematography: Amir M Mokri
- Editor: William Goldenberg, Roger Barton, Joel Negron
- Music Director: Steve Jablonsky
- Running time: 150 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: English
- Country: USA
- Genres: Action, Sci-fi