Rowdy Rathore - Notepad
Some witty lines and their perfect delivery try to compensate for the complete lack of plot and logic. But, the good news for the makers is their target audience isn't looking for logic or cohesion. It is looking for a good time in the theaters by laughing at the silliness and that's what the Rowdy Rathore delivers for them.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Shiva is a small-time pick-pocket thriving in Mumbai. Vikram Rathore is a valiant, honest officer in a little village in the heartland and is presumed dead by the villains of the village. Shiva looks like Vikram.
- The SLB films video logo is beautiful.
- 'Chinta ta ta' theme step introduced in the titles of the film looks grand.
- The statutory warning against smoking is direct and cool. Not that I agree with whether or not it belongs in a film at all, but that if it has to be there, might well go about it, in a cool way.
- It was rather cartoonish but that the thieves could see jewelry walking around and not people was a nice way of putting their minds across.
- The 'stop-rewind-play'. Every time it is used, brought a smile.
- Mockery of men's deodorant adverts.
- Use of the 'chinta ta ta' step to do CPR on an unconscious person.
- The way Shiva flicks mobile phones.
- Akshay Kumar's dance in white in the last song. It was simply amazing, especially for a man his age.
What did not
- Self-referencing joke by Akshay Kumar was too predictable. Also, the way it came about was as if he was exposing his insecurity.
- Kareena Kapoor's special appearance.
- The loud chachi at the wedding.
- Well, there is no attempt at all at thinking about continuity or logical jumps, let alone maintaining them. So, no point in listing them here.