Mausam - Notepad
Seasons change faster than some of the scenes in Mausam. Seriously. And it takes all of two hours and f-o-r-t-y long minutes for boy to meet girl, about four times after which I lost count.
Mausam is beautifully shot, no doubt about that, but a regular love story takes forever to finish, and then there's some more left. And nope, after the first half of the first half is over, there is nothing at all that could make the lovers' frustrating journey engaging.
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Harry (Shahid Kapoor) and Aayat (Sonam Kapoor) fall in love with each other. But destiny, as usual, has other plans for them before it decides whether they can be together.
- The mute romance between Harry and Aayat in the first hour or so of the film. Many sweet moments.
- Rajjo's character.
- Hindi as the binding language between Punjabi and Urdu.
- The rain scene in December 1997, a bit too filmy, but beautifully composed.
What did not
Note: This section simply lists the things that I did not like in this movie. This is not
the overall impression about this movie. Please read the full review here
- The talk between friends while they are sitting in a pipe - it sounded as if they were meeting after a long time when they were obviously spending a lot of time together.
- Sonam Kapoor looked like she was cat-walking in a scene or two when she's walking in the farms.
- Rains in Punjab in December? Just asking.
- The romance between Harry and Aayat after their first separation. They went overboard with the simplicity, the silences and the general old-school-ishness.
- The mistaken identity scene with Anupam Kher.
- I couldn't stop laughing when the super-imposes that mentioned the place and time of a particular section of the film started getting more and more generic. From specific months and years, villages it became India, a few years later. As if the filmmakers got tired of it all themselves.
- The song in the end credits! Gave an exasperated, "isn't it over yet?" feeling.
Mausam - Movie Details
- Official Sites:
- Banner: Eros International, Vistaar Religare Film Fund, Cinergy Production
- Producer: Sheetal Vinod Talwar, Sunil Lulla
- Director: Pankaj Kapoor
- Lead Cast: Shahid Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor
- Supporting Cast: Anupam Kher, Aditi Sharma, Supriya Pathak
- Story: Carl Austin
- Screenplay: Pankaj Kapoor
- Dialogues: Pankaj Kapoor, Pankaj Kapoor
- Cinematography: Binod Pradhan, Binod Pradhan
- Editor: Sreekar Prasad
- Background Score: Pritam Chakraborty
- Action Choreography: Sham Kaushal, Perry Costello
- Choreography: Ahmed Khan, Ahmed Khan
- Music Director: Pritam Chakraborty
- Lyrics: Irshad Kamil
- Costume Designer: Lovleen Bains
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 160 minutes
- Reviewer: meetu
Mausam - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube
Mausam - All reviews summary
43 reviewers have given Mausam
an average rating of 1.5/5.0.
See all external reviews »
On twitter, 308 twitterers have given Mausam
an average rating of 2.9/5.0.
See all tweets »