Heroine - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
The ups and downs in the life of an actress, Mahi Arora (Kareena Kapoor) from the Hindi film industry and the struggle she has to go through to remain in the game.
- That women in her life empower Mahi – her therapist, her publicist and her Bengali co-star.
- The way Mahi handles sexual overtures.
- Kareena Kapoor's eagerness at being a good actress in the Bengali director's film.
- Kareena Kapoor in ethnic wear – simply gorgeous.
What did not
- The opening sequence. And the way it connects later. Pretty lame.
- The title song sounded like title songs of thrillers.
- The journalist as a narrator.
- Abbas Khan (Sanjay Suri) shows up at every party and yet he is introduced with another character telling him how he never attends parties.
- The therapy scenes. A psychiatrist prescribes medicines under duress? Really?
- Top stars behaving like college boys when talking about new heroines in the industry.
- The lame image-building formula put down by Mahi's publicist (Divya Dutta)
- The Bengali film world caricature, sure it was funny, but too much stereotyping.
- Angad (Randeep Hooda) complaining about losing a year as if his biological clock is ticking!
- Lovely jhumkas (hooped earrings) worn by most women through the film.