Anjaana Anjaani - Notepad
Every syllable of the one-line plot is as common as it can get. After all, you can say "boy meets girl" only in so many different ways. Despite that when you have fun; and you care for the boy and the girl; you know you are watching a brilliant film. And since the means are good, the time it takes to get to the yawn-inducing approach to the end and the end itself doesn't hurt that bad. A bit, yes.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
Boy, Aakash meets girl, Kiara. They both want to commit suicide. But, fate wants them to wait. They wait together.
- Priyanka Chopra's opening scene. Must be one of the best 'drunk' scenes ever.
- The set-up that sets the tone for the rest of the film.
- Xmas and new year's week is captured beautifully.
- The very obvious post-production work done with the visuals, especially the tints used.
- There was actually well-meaning applause at interval.
- Tight close-ups of eyes and hands.
What did not
- The opening sequence. Just couldn't handle the thought of having "wall street" déjà vu. The tension of having to watch another film spoiling it all was unbearable.
- The hospital scenes.
- The world's bucket list inspires our lead pair to make their list.
- The superhero fancy-dress song.
- Isn't travel by Grayhound more expensive than taking a flight?
- The way two adults refer to sex. "nothing happened between us" something very childish about this statement.