The Xpose - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
When you walk into a film called "The Xposé" and you know the word will stand for both skin-show and a big reveal equally, you aren't really walking in with too many expectations. I actually look forward to a line or two that will entertain/engage or at the very least amuse me. No such luck.
Oh wait, Himesh Reshammiya's character Ravi is so obnoxious that it is amusing, till he gets annoying. But, till then, I was in awe of the person who thought of such an arrogant style for the protagonist. So, I am not rooting for the character, who is supposedly mean for the good. I don't care who he falls in love with and what he is willing to do for her.
Considering it is a murder mystery, you'd think you are made to care about the victim. But, you are asked, neigh begged, to judge her negatively from the first frame she shows up in. And when the big "expose" happens, you don't care either. Sure, the writer has tried hard to make it a huge reveal, but it just doesn't matter enough.
In addition, it goes overboard in increasing the tension. Yes, additional drama in terms of slo-mo scenes and dramatic background score. But, also story-wise it goes says more than once, "not over yet, there's more."
The performances are as perfunctory as they can get. To rub salt into the wound, you have Irrfan Khan doing a voiceover. The setting of the 70s doesn't work at all. The songs, well has either, Yo Yo Honey Singh or Himesh Reshammiya as their singer. So, there's no looking for respite there.
The sliver lining is - it is a short film. And that it has come out on a day where people are generally, likely to care about it even less than usual - let alone read its review.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: A few brutal action sequences.
- Language: Nothing too offensive
- Nudity & Sexual content: Skimpily clad women, prostitution and talk about casting couch, etc.
- Concept: An actress falls from a building at a post-award party. All suspects are in the room. Is it a murder or an accident?
The Xpose - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: HR MUsik
- Producer: Vipin Reshammiya
- Director: Ananth Narayan Mahadevan
- Lead Cast: Himesh Reshammiya, Irrfan Khan, Zoya Afroz, Shabbir Ahmed
- Supporting Cast: Sonali Raut, Yo YO Honey Singh, Adil Hussain, Ananth Narayan Mahadevan, Rajesh Sharma, Bharat Dabholkar, Jessy Randhawa, Ashwini Dhar, Kunal Thakur, Nakul Vaid, Kanika Dang, Naresh Suri, Daya Shanker Pandey
- Story: Himesh Reshammiya
- Screenplay: Himesh Reshammiya
- Background Score: Himesh Reshammiya, Sanjoy Chowdhury
- Choreography: Ganesh Acharya, Sujeet Kumar
- Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya
- Lyrics: Sameer, Kumaar
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 110 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Murder Mystery, Romance, Thriller
The Xpose - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube