Review - Vaada Raha: promises sappy, cheesy boredom
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
Munnabhai MBBS, Patch Adams, Anand are a few of the films that come to mind within the first few minutes of Vaada Raha. Ok, with a few changes here and there. And they don't use exactly the same tricks. But the deviation seems more like a formality.
The first change is of course having a little boy as one of the protagonists. Which could have worked had he not been talking and thinking like an adult. I can imagine that a character his age, who's already going through a bad patch in life, would become a little too philosophical for his age. But seeing him use the same clichéd language as oldies with no creativity would, made me do just one thing - cringe.
Given that, Dwij Yadav who plays the little boy, carries his cute self through the ups and downs of his days with aimless Dr. Duke (Bobby Deol). Unfortunately, doesn't look like he has learnt more about acting in this film. He's just done what he has done so far. This is the best I've seen Bobby Deol act. Yeah, it's not in a mean way that I say this. He actually emotes his anger and helplessness. Once that is done the rest is a cakewalk.
More or less Nanhe Jaisalmer's team of cast and crew don't quite get us involved in vaada raha. Neither the adults nor the kids make us love or hate them. They are just going through the motions and so are you expected to do the drill as the audience - go, watch emotionlessly, get-up, go.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: None
- Language: Clean
- Nudity & Sexual content: Kangan Ranaut in deep-deep cleavage dresses
- Concept: That of having hope in the direst of situations.
- General Look and Feel: Light and peppy with cute kid being wise and all that jazz.
Vaada Raha - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Eros Entertainment, Next Gen
- Producer: Samir Karnik, Sunil A Lulla
- Director: Samir Karnik
- Lead Cast: Bobby Deol, Dwij Yadav
- Supporting Cast: Mohnish Behl
- Story: Aseem Arora
- Screenplay: Samir Karnik, Aseem Arora, Aseem Arora
- Dialogues: Aseem Arora
- Cinematography: Binod Pradhan, Binod Pradhan
- Editor: Sanjay Sankla
- Background Score: Sanjoy Chowdhury
- Action Choreography: Abbas Ali Moghul
- Choreography: Bosco, Caesar Gonsalves, Piyush Panchal
- Music Director: Monty Sharma, Toshi, Sharib Sabri, Babbu Mann, Gourav Dasgupta, Rahul Seth, Sandy, Sanjoy Chowdhury
- Lyrics: Sandeep Nath, A M Turaz, Babbu Mann, Rahul Seth, Sandy
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 110 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi