Teraa Surroor - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
A story that is all over the place and has one too many a convenient sub-plots. A narrative that is in a constant state of exposition – a voiceover of the hero, Raghu (Himesh Resammiya) tells you what hero is doing while it is happening on screen. Let alone “show, don't tell”, this seems clearly to circumvent the need for the hero to act.
As ironical as it is, that Himesh Reshammiya takes himself so seriously is mighty amusing. He has this intense look which works well when there is a need to be intense, but the rest of the time it is just funny. It is like his character is expecting doom. All. The. Time. Even while he is falling in love, he looks like he is readying himself to mourn for the break-up.
Farah Karimaee would need to start from the basics if she wants to act in more films – like say, dialogue delivery. Here it is not too bad because, she is required to play prop. What else can you make of a song that has her change into skimpier clothes with every eighth beat? This when the rest of the people on the streets of Dublin she is walking on, are covered head-to-toe to counter winter.
That is the attitude of this film towards film-making - over-styling, over-acting, over-exposing; under-writing, under-directing, under-wanting-to-make-a-film. Truly, Teraa Surroor feels like a film that was made with the sole intention of adding to work experience in LinkedIn profiles of everyone who was involved with the film.
The interesting bit is that if you sit back and try to summarize the story of the film, it is not too bad. With a little more work on making it real, it could have been a half-decent film. But see, that was not what they were aiming for – a watchable film.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: A fist fight
- Language: Clean
- Nudity & Sexual content: love-making scene. Call girls are mentioned
- Concept: A man deeply in love wants to save his imprisoned girlfriend who is wrongly accused.
- General Look and Feel: An attempt at being stylish
Teraa Surroor - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: T-Series Super Cassettes Industries Ltd., HR MUsik
- Producer: Bhushan Kumar, Vipin Reshammiya, Sonia Kapoor
- Director: Shawn Arranha
- Lead Cast: Himesh Reshammiya, Farah Karimaee
- Supporting Cast: Kabir Bedi, Monica Dogra, Naseeruddin Shah, Shekhar Kapur, Shernaz Patel
- Cinematography: Maneesh Chandra Bhatt
- Editor: Aashish Gaikar
- Background Score: Himesh Reshammiya
- Action Choreography: Abbas Ali Moghul
- Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya
- Lyrics: Sameer (2), Shabbir Ahmed, Anand Raj Anand
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 110 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
Teraa Surroor - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube