Tell me o kkhuda - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
What does it say about a film if you can't shake off the feeling that it is only a vehicle for the mother (Hema Malinito re-launch her daughter (Esha Deol), just like the father (Dharmendra) keeps doing that for his sons (Bobby Deol and Sunny Deol). Watch the closing song which is about Esha and not Tanya, the character she plays! I doubt even Salman Khan's item appearance here can do the trick though. Someone needs to tell the family, that its not working. They should all move into side-character roles soon, if they are going to stick to acting that is. They don't look good, they don't emote well.
Anyway so, what does it say about the film if you can't shake off the feeling that Tanya is looking for her biological parents only so that she can go to different exotic locations with her boyfriend and friend who is a boy?
It tells you a lot when you are constantly aware of the biological relationships between the crew of a film while watching it. Tell Me O Khuda fails to engage, it fails to make you identify with its characters, it fails to keep you interested through the duration of the film.
The only good thing that can be said about the film is that the protagonist sets out on an interesting journey. But the narrations is so lackluster, that even though she turns into an activist and a psychologist on the way, you don't feel like laughing at it.
And for that one good thing, I cannot ask you to watch the film even if its playing on TV, while skimming through channels may be you can stop for a bit. But, that's about it.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: A gory fist fight, and a couple of gun fights.
- Language: Clean
- Nudity & Sexual content: Esha Deol walking around in skimpy clothes
- Concept: A woman's hunt for her biological parents takes her into lives of various people who she manages to reach out to and touch.
- General Look and Feel: Low-budget-y.
Tell me o kkhuda - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Website Facebook Twitter Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: H. M. Creations
- Producer: Hema Malini
- Director: Hema Malini, Mayur Puri
- Lead Cast: Esha Deol, Vinod Khanna, Rishi Kapoor, Dharmendra, Arjan Aujla, Sudhanshu Pandey
- Supporting Cast: Salman Khan, Johnny Lever
- Story: Mayur Puri
- Screenplay: Ulka Puri
- Dialogues: Anand Sharma
- Cinematography: Aseem Bajaj
- Editor: Rameshwar S Bhagat
- Background Score: Atul Raninga, Sanjay Wandrekar
- Music Director: Pritam Chakraborty
- Lyrics: Mayur Puri, Jalees Sherwani
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 130 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Action, Crime, Docu-drama
Tell me o kkhuda - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube