Tashan - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
Jimmy (Saif Ali Khan) falls in love with Pooja (Kareena Kapoor). Pooja falls in love with Jimmy too, however they are employed by Bhaiyyaji (Anil Kapoor) who has reasons to not let them go. Bachchan Pande (Akshay Kumar) who idolizes Bhaiyaji is employed by the latter to take care of a situation that Jimmy and Pooja have created.
- The scene which had the Mona Lisa portrait in the background and Kareena Kapoor's close-up in the foreground. Somehow added beauty to both the portrait and Kareena.
- Bachchan Pande is wearing his chudidar (with a rich sherwani) up while riding a cycle - fits with the character. Also the cotton scarf he wears all the time.
What did not
- Why does Pooja lead Jimmy to a robbery which would make them run away from Bhaiyaji when killing bhaiyyaji is what her aim was!?
- I really want to know where the opening shot was located. A lake right beside a highway on a running through an arid desert?!
- The overuse of voiceovers narrating the story.
- Kareena Kapoor's back turning to show her side profile - the turn looked too artificial, as if to exhibit her acting skills when she cries.
- That seemed like too extravagant a house for a call center worker cum English teacher!
- Was the gay joke really that irresistible?
- The water hose wetting of Kareena Kapoor, was so randomly placed in the climax fight scene.
- The Hollywood director had no song his movie but for some reason had the costumes and choreographer ready. Btw, did he also not have cameras or lighting equipment to shoot the movie either?!?!
- But of course, there's a character called Bachchan Pande in the movie for a reason, to make a silly quip about Amitabh Bachchan.
- They took all the trouble to show the logistical problem of not being able to travel while wearing wet clothes. But Kareena had fresh lipstick glaring at you just after she has been in the water.