Singh Is Bliing - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
From one film that wants you to think even after you are out of the theater into another that begs you to not even try – such is the scene at the theaters this week. I take solace in the fact that films in the Singh is Bliing genre have started making an attempt at some sort of a story. That they end up doing a blotchy job is another matter. People can't be expected to be good at everything. If they are so good at using saturated color and saturated sound too, they slip in the writing department. Is that such a crime?
For some of us, yes. And we shall stick to it, even if the film is in the Akshay Kumar genre. Sure, the theater was in splits a lot of the time. It also sounded like they were laughing with the film, that had created that humor intentionally even. But, people peeing at each other or a dog dressed as a lion, never made me laugh as a child, don't make me laugh now. Some of the humor is creative, but still not funny.
Other than that it is the usual loud fest and plastic performances with Akshay Kumar trying his best to infuse some life into the film. Lara Dutta does get a smile or two out but the randomness of the character is quite distracting. Of course, it can be argued that random equals funny. Amy Jackson is expectedly insufferable.
The film tries to make its point about women empowerment and also throws in a bit on religious tolerance in the end. But, how can you take any of it seriously when empowerment is made equal to become protector from protect-ee, as if there is no in-between?
Yes Meeta, do not go about over-intellectualizing what is not meant to be. Let go.
Okay, at least tell me this – Singh didn't seem very bling, why name him so?
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Lots of badly edited fist fights.
- Language: Abusive language muted.
- Nudity & Sexual content: Skimpily clad women and a dance bar shown.
- Concept: Sara needs protection, but becomes protection
- General Look and Feel: Saturated.
Singh Is Bliing - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Pen India Pvt Ltd, Grazing Goat Pictures
- Producer: Ashvini Yardi
- Director: Prabhu Deva
- Lead Cast: Akshay Kumar, Amy Jackson, Lara Dutta
- Supporting Cast: Kay Kay Menon, Prabhu Deva, Yograj Singh, Rati Agnihotri, Arfi Lamba, Pradeep Rawat, Sunny Leone, Kunal Shashi Kapoor, Harry Josh, Murli Sharma
- Dialogues: Chintan Gandhi
- Cinematography: Dudley
- Editor: Steven Benard
- Action Choreography: Anal Arasu
- Choreography: Ganesh Acharya, Vishnu Deva, Ceasar, Chinni, Rekha Prakash
- Music Director: Sajid, Wajid, Meet Bros Anjjan, Manj Musik, Sneha Khanwalkar, DJ Tejas, DJ Nav & Dholi Deep
- Lyrics: Kumaar, Manj Musik, Sneha Khanwalkar, Nindy Kaur, Raftaar, Big Dhillon, Wajid, Irfan Kamal
- Costume Designer: Esha Amin
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 140 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
Singh Is Bliing - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube