Rascals - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
Rascals' main aim seems to demean and mock. You know, the kind of jokes that are cracked on the less fortunate and are politically incorrect - be it the poor or the blind. The other kind of humor involves guys ogling at cleavage - what is that actually supposed to do? Make you laugh, titillate you, warm you up to the owner of the cleavage?
Speaking of which, my hands started hurting with the number of times Kangna Ranaut is pulled from Sanjay Dutt by Ajay Devgn only to be pulled right back by Sanjay Dutt. Imagine the number of times they must've done that while shooting those pulling-and-pushing scenes.
And the forced hugs that Kangna Ranaut gets from Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgn after she is pulled makes the two heroes of the film look like lecherous, sleazy, old men that any woman would avoid with a barge pole.
Why then is she tolerating this nonsense? There's a reason for it all, supposedly. A reason that only makes you wonder, "Really? There was no other way to get to the two fools now, was there?" Oh sorry, how would the writers be able to write all the skin-show and other rubbish in? And well, it is only me who can complain about missing logic and question supposedly existing logic in a David Dhawan film.
Like any other David Dhawan film, Rascals made me laugh once or twice. It also immediately took the fun away by characters explaining the joke just cracked or stretching it for an extra 5-10 seconds. And that can be said about the film too. You think it's over and there comes more and then some more and then finally the closing credit song.
And you know the scary bit? There seems to be a hint at a sequel.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: slapping around.
- Language: mostly clean. But regular references to abuses that begin and end with cursing the others' mother and sister. No direct offensive language though.
- Nudity & Sexual content: Loads of leching at cleavages and skimpily clad girls.
- Concept: good-for-nothings woo-ing a woman
- General Look and Feel: Bright and loud.
Rascals - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Website Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Sanjay Dutt Productions Pvt Ltd, Rupali Aum Entertainment Pvt.Ltd
- Producer: Sanjay Dutt, Sanjay Ahluwalia, Vinay Choksey
- Director: David Dhawan
- Lead Cast: Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgan
- Supporting Cast: Arjun Rampal, Kangna Ranaut, Chunkey Pandey, Satish Kaushik, Lisa Haydon, Hiten Paintal Prakash, Mushtaq Khan
- Story: Sanjay Chell
- Screenplay: Yunus Sajawal
- Dialogues: Sanjay Chell, Yunus Sajawal
- Cinematography: Vikas Shivraman, Vikas Shivraman
- Editor: Nitin Rokade
- Background Score: Atul Raninga, Sanjay Wandrekar
- Action Choreography: Mahendra Verma, Mahendra Verma
- Choreography: Bosco, Caesar Gonsalves, Bosco Martis, Caesar Gonsalves
- Music Director: Vishal Dadlani, Shekhar Ravjiani
- Lyrics: Anvita Dutt Guptan, Irshad Kamil
- Costume Designer: Navin Shetty, Aki Narula, Anna Singh
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 125 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Action, Comedy, Crime
Rascals - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube