Rajneeti - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Love, sex and betrayal with a political dynasty backdrop
- The names given to the characters based on their origin in the Mahabharat. Sooraj for the son of the Sun-god, Karna; Brij for Krishna; Samar for pavan-putra Arjun and so on…
- Given the above, Prithvi-Samar's party as
- The fact that in politics it's all about timing, irrespective of how close the person you are is being hurt or even dying.
- A few dialogues in the first hour or so of the film. They lost steam soon after.
What did not
- What's with all these women getting pregnant. Almost as if whenever the writers got stuck with how to move the story with a particular end in mind - make the lady go through some hormonal changes already!
- The shot when Suraj (Ajay Devgn) splashes a bucket full of water on a car. What was the drama for?
- The inconsistency in the language used by almost all the characters.
- Katrina Kaif's Hindi might be improving but she surely needs to get rid of her accent when she speaks English to blend in.
- Did Samar come to India for every birthday in the family!?!
- In one of the early scenes, what was Samar (Ranbir Kapoor) saying "I will never be able to forgive myself" to Indu (Katrina Kaif) for? Went over-board in the writing, did we?