Review - Radio: turn off
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
Radio comes across as an attempt at comic-strip romance - absolutely unnecessary chapter-divisions and all. I realize the chapter titles were supposed to be funny but they fall flat after the third time they come up on screen. Points can be granted for trying to make the entire look and feel incline towards eccentric. And that was refreshing. But the story was so random that even though it was meant to add to the madness, it didn't quite work.
Especially after the funky start, the resilient radio that lasted through a monsoon and played Binaca Geet Mala 30 years ago. Wasn't it Cibaca Geet Mala and aired on Radio Ceylon at that time? Anyways, after the initial interest, the film was all downhill.
The repetitions of the meaningless "it's complicated" stamp on the chapter title cards got annoying really quick. Oh yes, and how can I forget the "mann ka radio" sounding itself off every 8th minute. One of those nice tunes which get annoying just because they stick in your head and just won't go away. Not the tune's fault I guess, but something is wrong if you are irritated with yourself while humming it.
So, however intentional the randomness might have been, it ended up only getting annoying and boring by the end. The not-so-great, not-so-bad performances of the cast certainly didn't add to the experience. That it didn't take away anything from it, doesn't say much either.
- meeta, a part of the audience
Radio - Movie Details
- Banner: Plus Entertainment Pvt Ltd
- Producer: Ravi Agarwal
- Director: Isshaan Trivedi
- Lead Cast: Himesh Reshammiya, Shenaz Treasurywala, Sonal Sehgal
- Supporting Cast: Zakir Hussain, Paresh Rawal
- Story: Isshaan Trivedi
- Screenplay: Isshaan Trivedi
- Dialogues: Isshaan Trivedi, Dmitry Bushny
- Cinematography: Attar Singh Saini
- Background Score: Evgeny Yamshanov
- Choreography: Longinus Fernandes
- Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya
- Lyrics: Subrat Sinha
- Running time: 140 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi