Policegiri - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
I guess the only actor left to play the badass, Robinhood-cum-Krishna cop was Sanjay Dutt. With Policegiri that's done and dusted too. That should answer all your questions about being loud, full of action, predictable, etc. There are tinges of surprise with the course Sanjay Dutt's character Rudra takes in the end.
Also, some of the dialogue has spark while other lines are plain lame. However Prakash Raj, as the typical, villain politician Nagori, does his bit with such conviction that you can watch more of him even though it feels like you have seen him only in this avatar. His comic timing is impeccable and so is his dialogue delivery.
On the other hand, for about the first half hour of the film, Sanjay Dutt sounds like he's talking while chewing on a betel nut or a paan. After that, you get used to it. The rest of his act is pure action do. In the same vein, Prachi Desai does what a woman in an action film is supposed to do - look pretty and give the hero's conscience a nudge if and when the need arises.
There are bleak hints of wisdom when Nagori refers to how difficult it is for him to cater to his ego or irony when Sanjay Dutt questions how senior officers and politicians can support someone who has been booked under a terrorist act. More comedy than irony, actually.
Considering Policegiri banks heavily on its action sequences, the action, related editing and post-production work on the action are all pretty awful. In competition for being awful are the song and dance routines, including the music.
So, but for the saving grace in terms Prakash Raj's performance and a few lines, Policegiri has barely anything going for it.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Loads.
- Language: Mostly clean
- Nudity & Sexual content: None.
- Concept: A cop with a golden heart takes on the system while being a part of it.
- General Look and Feel: Loud and brash. Full of action - not in a good way.
Policegiri - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Star Entertainment Worldwide
- Producer: Rahul Aggarwal, T P Aggarwal
- Director: K S Ravikumar
- Lead Cast: Sanjay Dutt, Prachi Desai, Prakash Raj
- Supporting Cast: Om Puri, Rajpal Yadav, Mukesh Tiwari, Manoj Joshi, Sunil Grover
- Story: Hari
- Screenplay: K S Ravikumar
- Dialogues: Farhad, Sajid
- Cinematography: N K Ekambaram
- Editor: Samjith Mhd
- Music Director: Anjjan Meet, Himesh Reshammiya
- Art Direction: Priya Suhas
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 140 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Crime, Politics, Social
Policegiri - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube