Mehbooba - Notepad
"Your thoughts on the movie", someone asked me on twitter? I didn't need to think twice before replying, "can't have too many thoughts after watching it. Mind's too numb after random lyrics, music, choreography, costumes, dialogues, story, acting, etc, etc, etc"
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Karan (Ajay Devgan) is in love with a girl who appears in his dreams. As fate has it, she appears in his life as Payal (Manisha Koirala) and he starts to win her over. Except that she is not in the frame of mind to be won over.
- Choreography and music of the prelude of the stage show dance.
- The formations in the choreography in the mansion song.
What did not
- Why is Kadar Khan, Ajay Devgan's lawyer counseling the latter on relationships, especially after saying a line like, "tumhaara vakeel hone ke naate" (because I'm your lawyer)
- What does Karan do? Why is he in Budapest? When does Kadar Khan's character work? Where does he vanish off to in the second half?
- Why did Varsha need a job when she was living in a mansion in New York!?
- Why are all those people dressed in wedding gowns and tuxedos on new year's eve?
- Manisha Koirala's diction! I couldn't get Sanjay Dutt's character's name even though she repeated it thrice in 5 minutes. Was it Sharman or Shravan or Shraman?
- And why repeat the name so many times in the first place? Its not like it is an awe-inspiring name!
- And what happened to Sanjay Dutt's diction? Why was he pronouncing "dil" as "deel"?
- The finger rings on the top of the engagement cake...certainly did not work!
- The awkward physical distances between characters in the frame compositions.
- Sheesh...power outages timed to synchronize with Payal's 'stunning' revelation of her past and get this, power comes back when Karan accepts it!
- Why is Anu Kapoor shown playing the piano when the background music has no piano sounds in it?!
- Blue lit desert, looked too artificial.
- Will men stop calling the women they love "meriwaali" (my girl, only sounds a little more derogative) as if they were some kind of property under dispute?
- Why is Payal tugging around empty suitcases!?
- Why does the sardar in the train first start talking to Payal in Hindi and then ask her if she's India? Was that supposed to be a sad joke on the NRI population?
- Why does that fruit basket have so many fruits when there are only two people in the house? Okay - these are the things that one notices when one is getting bored by everything else on screen!
- Why do the violinists stand suddenly in the middle of their performance?
- That is one cordless phone with a powerful range!
- What kind of a woman wears a salwar suit in Budapest and enters Rajasthan in a trouser suit!
Ok, this is where I got bored of making these lists and let them be. Being lazy today...