Love Express - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
What kind of juvenile writing is this? Boy meets girl after he is engaged to her. They don't want to get married to each other. They play games so that the families go against the marriage. And then, guess what? They want to get married! And no I'm not giving the movie away. There's more in the story. How I wish there was more "to" the story too.
It's one of those cases in which even the characters' motivations are explained, you can't be made to care, because everything is just so outrageous. I mean, how can you take any film that has this scene seriously - there is ominous music when a girl tells her ex she didn't call him when there was a stressful event in her life because she had deleted his number from her mobile! And the accompanying dialogue is atrocious too.
The performances are just about passable. The makeup is awful. The camerawork is basic and purely functional. The music is .. whatever...
Oh well, the entire film has a more or less regressive "whatever" feel to it. Who are these films made for? Do such films have any takers? Really?
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: None.
- Language: More or less clean, except that there is talk about sex and rape.
- Nudity & Sexual content: There are a couple of scenes that imply rape.
- Concept: Goodness knows!
Love Express - Movie Details
- Official Sites: YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Mukta Arts Ltd
- Producer: Subhash Ghai
- Director: Sunny Bhambani
- Lead Cast: Sahil Mehta, Vikas Katyal, Om Puri, Mannat Ravi, Priyum Galav
- Cinematography: Kabir Lal, Kabir Lal
- Editor: Yashashwini
- Choreography: Sanjeev
- Music Director: Jaidev Kumar
- Lyrics: Kumaar
- Running time: 100 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Comedy, Docu-drama
Love Express - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube