Karthik Calling Karthik - Notepad
A relaxed pace is used to get into details of the protagonist's relationship with his lover and himself. Unfortunately, they forget that they are supposed to maintain the depth because of which the same pace now seems sluggish.
However, the twist is indeed worth the time because it's not 100% predictable. If nothing else Farhan Akhtar's ace performance is something you will relish for quite a while.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
Timid Karthik (Farhan Akhtar) is taken advantage of by all and sundry. It's time he stood up for himself. And so he does, or does he?
- Lovely titles - the flicker in each name along with the soft edits set the tone of the film nicely.
- The sequence where you see Karthik going through depression.
- The chemistry between Farhan Akhtar and Deepika Padukone's fingers.
What did not
- Krathik's dream/nightmare.
- After years of therapy all Karthik's shrink (Shifaali) can tell him is to stand up for himself. Lady, if he could have done that, wouldn't he have done it already? Please don't tell me that one line triggered the whole scheme.
- The Ashish-Shonali break-up - ridiculous
- Shonali wasn't ready to go out with Karthik. But when she is ready, she is ok to be taken away to Khandala!?
- Even if you digest the dramatic, over-night change in one of the characters given the situation…You want to yell "mummy…!!!" because at that point in the film (that is before you have seen the rest of the film) it's nauseating.