Joker - Notepad
Joker is very intentionally silly and gets cute at times. It keeps things simple despite the seemingly complicated situation it gets itself into and it is clean. If you don't mind some childish fun, wait for the DVD release. And if you do, you are better off skipping it.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
Agastya's (Akshay Kumar) village, Paglapur is not on the map of India. The people are ignored and are in a dire situation. Agastya takes it upon himself to make sure they are noticed and taken care of.
- The idea of fireflies in lanterns.
- The Joker analogy.
- The comment on media and what makes news – especially the comment about media covering a stamped out crop.
- The comment on the US making everything about herself.
- McDonald's and Coca Cola as signs of progress.
- 'Simon Go back' is not about the US.
- The irony of science and religion working together.
- The design of the UFO :)
- Asta Lavista.
What did not
- The CGI
- Sonakshi Sinha's wardrobe.
- Choreography of the item number.
- How does the American find the rope? Why is the rope there at all?!