Ishkq In Paris - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
You meet someone. You become friends. You enjoy each other's company. You hate same things together. You fall in love. You begin to hate each other. Then, either you get back together or you don't. Ishkq in Paris is drabber in telling you this story than the way I've narrated it. Ishkq (Preity Zinta) - yes, that's the characters name! - and Akaash (Rhehan Malliek) go through the mechanics so clinically, that it feels all but real.
And aren't love stories about making the unreal feel real. Just having a dialogue that says, "This is a true love story." doesn't make it one. Nor do lines like "I love Bollywood." and "I love Paris" make us believe that you do, they only make the words "I love you" sound like it was said because the writers couldn't think of other ways to express it.
Preity Zinta and Rhehan Malliek do try their best to infuse life into the lines. But, that's the problem, their effort shows. That besides there is no relief from them. There are long scenes with them talking to each other. The only breather comes when Ishkq's mom Marie (Isabelle Adjani) is on screen, and then you wish you hadn't wished to see other faces.
There are no 'aawww' moments, zero funny ones and lots of times when the film tries to be superficially cool with all its talk about ex-boyfriends and no marriages and so on. It does to try touch upon the deep insecurities of the lady protagonist, but turns into the age old, "damsel in distress" protocol.
You really wonder what made Preity Zinta produce this one? Except for the line she says out loud in the film, "So what, if we can't watch a film, no one can stop us from making one."
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: None except for one slap.
- Language: Clean.
- Nudity & Sexual content: Sex is mentioned a few times. Two scenes that imply the couple had sex.
- Concept: True love, loneliness.
- General Look and Feel: Crisp but nothing out of the ordinary.
Ishkq In Paris - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: PZNZ Media Production
- Producer: Preity Zinta, Neelu Zinta
- Director: Prem R Soni
- Lead Cast: Preity Zinta, Rhehan Malliek
- Supporting Cast: Isabella Adjani
- Story: Preity Zinta, Prem R Soni
- Cinematography: Manush Nandan
- Editor: Rameshwar S Bhagat
- Background Score: Sajid, Wajid
- Choreography: Bosco, Caesar Gonsalves, Saroj Khan, Mudassar Khan, Longinus Fernandes
- Music Director: Sajid, Wajid
- Lyrics: Prasoon Joshi, Jalees Sherwani, Kumaar, Sophie Chaudhary, Priya Panchal, Kausar Munir
- Costume Designer: Surily Goel, Rahil Raja
- Art Direction: Shiuli Thukral, Mohan Bingi
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 100 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Family, Relationships, Romance
Ishkq In Paris - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube