Horror Story - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
For a person who has no affinity to the horror genre, Horror Story reaffirms the subconscious conclusion - they have run out of ideas. Be it a haunted house, hotel, hospital or graveyard - there is a discontent soul, usually woman who generally doesn't like people and invariably likes terrifying them. You my add hundreds of screeching musical instruments and minutes after minutes of prolonged pauses to supposedly build the suspense. And boo! Gotchya!
How many times of the same thing can you take in one film without losing patience, though? That too without any connection with any of the characters whatsoever. Your only involvement with them seems to be out of humanity. No one should have to spend a night fearing for their life.
The actors do a decent job, but there is barely any distinguishing characteristic, except that initially a few of them are more afraid than others. So, there is hardly any scope to deviate from a scared expression - across actors.
That the ghost's motivations are practically non-existent, could've been used so much more terrifyingly, but here the way it is played out completely kills it. The only thing going for Horror Story is then that despite all things mind-numbingly lame about the film, it does manage to create a decent atmosphere of claustrophobia through the film. That triggers a shiver a couple of times. Unfortunately, that's about it.
90 minutes of being locked in a theater to watch 7 people locked in a haunted hotel. I know, I have the liberty of walking out of the theater. But, some of us just cannot walk out on a movie. That's our make. And we have to bear the burden of our personalities.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Typical horror style violence and gory too.
- Language: No explicitly used abusive language.
- Nudity & Sexual content: None
- Concept: 7 friends venture out to a haunted hotel.
- General Look and Feel: Usual spook reserved for horror films.
Horror Story - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia
- Banner: ASA Production and Enterprise Pvt Ltd
- Director: Ayush Raina
- Lead Cast: Karan Kundra, Ravish Desai, Hasan Zaidi, Nishant Malkani
- Supporting Cast: Nandini Vaid, Sheetal Singh, Aparna Bajpai, Radhika Menon
- Story: Vikram Bhatt, Mohan Azaad
- Screenplay: Vikram Bhatt
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 90 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Horror
Horror Story - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube