Ghajini - Notepad
That I didn't realize how my 3+ hours passed by is testimony to the fact that you can't take the love for masala out of this Indian. Even though I usually don't like this combination of spices I found myself enjoying most of Ghajini. The thriller succeeded in getting me anxious but the seasoning left a bad after-taste.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Sanjay Singhania (Aamir Khan) suffers from short-term memory loss and wants to avenge his beloved's (Asin's) death.
- Aamir Khan looks so young in the 2005-6 bits. His photograph in the diary actually looks like he's all set to break into 'papa kehte hai'
- Parts of the choreography in 'bachoo'
- The picturization of multiple Aamir Khans in the 'behka' song.
What did not
- Is there only one Ghajini in this whole wide world!?
- The medical lesson spoon-fed by an actual lecture!
- The cut from "Wonder what he might be doing?" to showing what "he" was doing. Too sharp.
- How come he remembers how to use his mobile but has to be reminded to take his shirt off? Does memory through repetition set in selectively?
- The fast-forward style editing made the most serious scenes look comical.
- The note on short-term memory loss, went by too fast for a slow-reader like me. Were they not sensitized with Taare Zameen Par? Or did the sensitivity slip out of there short-term memories?...Never mind!
- Bad lip-synch in the 'bachoo' song.
- The entire cliché of how a business tycoon is unaware of kindness in the 'real' world.
- How does Ghajini know to come to the basement to look for his gang member?
- No one cares about a missing police officer?
- How does Jiah Khan get hold of those diaries, weren't they thrown around in the apartment?
- Just can't remember where that 'blind man' scene is copied from. I know I saw it in I see you, but there's another original. Besides the plagiarizing, it wasn't done well, was too in the face!
- How come a Mumbai-Goa train look like a Mumbai local train?