Gangs of Wasseypur 2 - Notepad
Dir: Anurag Kashyap
Gangs of Wasseypur II delivers on the promise of being a quirky revenge saga. A saga which holds no bars and lets loose the internal animal which revenge itself seems to have given birth to. A saga so full of characters that a keen film-lover would want to watch twice – only if they can stomach the violence in almost every frame and profanity in every other sentence. Others, shouldn't even bother.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Danish (Vineet Singh) and Faisal (Nawazuddin Siddiqui) are left to avenge the murder of their father, Sardar Khan (Manoj Bajpai) at the hands of Ramadhir Singh (Tigmanshu Dhulia) and Sultan (Pankaj Tripathi) who were already being sought for revenge by Sardar for the murder of his father.
- Geometry lessons, Wasseypur style
- The use of the band in which Yashpal Sharma sings songs from 20 years ago at high pitch. Things like these add to the reality of the film.
- The reaction of Faisal's sidekicks when he commits his second murder. The channa-chewing, ear-itcher was a hoot!
- I love the way Faisal has clearly no clue how to woo a woman and yet he manages, as if his ineptness is his charm.
- Faisal's proposal to Mohsina.
- The aging joke between Faisal and Mohsina.
- The paradox in the line on cinema by Ramadhir Singh.
- The climax.
What did not
- The exaggerated sounds of the Faisal-Mohsina's first night together. Sounded slapsticky and out-of-place.
- The bar dance.
- Richa Chaddha's hair/wig which was supposed to make her look older. Didn't work.