Don 2 - Notepad
Smart lines and slick camerawork turns into tiring witticism and regular big-budget technicalities because it is over-written and over-stylized. The few extra seconds taken to establish a scene with elegance give the crux of the scene away. This keeps this action-thriller from being crisp. Multiple, smart twists are pointless if you are going to chicken out in the climax.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Don (Shah Rukh Khan) now rules the Asian underworld and wants to spread his powerful wings to the European drug market. But, all involved, including his counterparts from across the globe want him dead.
- Person A is pointing a gun at Person B and means to shoot him. But he has to engage in conversation first, right? Usually, I recall a line from The good, the Bad and The Ugly that goes something like, "If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk." But here, it was amusing. The people who want to kill Don despise him so badly that they want to have the last word. It works but for the fact that we might have to watch Don 3.
- There are a few scenes in the beginning which have no background music. They sound so great with just the dialogue and ambient sound.
- The reference to Don's mom. It was rather cute.
- Vardhaan (Boman Irani) is stuck being subservient to Don.
- Priyanka Chopra's back!
- The fact that Don was just playing with Roma in the car chase, just for kicks.
What did not
- References to Godfather and Avatar.
- Conversations between Lara Dutta and Shah Rukh Khan - so affected.
- Everytime, Shah Rukh Khan said 'kya kahu, sweetheart', I squirmed.
- Hrithik Roshan is 3-4 inches taller than Shah Rukh Khan. Just saying.
- Why are goons catwalking? I refer to the scene in which Abdul Jaffar is following Don.
- Ban these lift vs. stairs scenes, already!
- Don carries a contraption to jump down a roof-top on his waist. Right.
- The cut at the point where Shah Rukh Khan jumps out of the metal safe room.
- Roma's (Priyanka Chopra) ridiculous behavior towards the end of the film.
- Mallick (Om Puri) appealing to Don because the people he's about to kill are innocent. Really? If he hasn't figured that Don doesn't care, what has he been upto?
- Oh by the way, what happened to Mallick's resignation?
- So Don can set off a bomb from his watch but can't disarm them? O-kay!
- Don giving away Roma as if he were marrying his daughter off!
- Why were only Priyanka Chopra and Lara Dutta wearing a backless evening gown at the ball?