Chase - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
A producer who casts not his son, or his grandchild, but himself in the film, has to be desperate. And watching Dr. Anuuj Saxena's non-acting non-skills, it seems to have crossed a really high threshold of desperation. I mean, if I want him to go back into coma after he's been in the vegetable condition for half the film, there's something wrong with this Doctor, no?
Ok, if not that, then at least the fact that Udita Goswami is being cast as a nurse who wears pink, tight mini-skirt and top, should give the desperation away?
Actually, I shouldn't be so caustic. At least there was an attempt at having a story and half interesting characters. But, I guess you can sympathize with me having to spend 100 minutes watching Udita trying to act sexy. I'm just praying my dreams won't feature her. Or the other woman, Tareena Patel. Or any of the men. Least of all the police officer with the lisp or the main lead with his God-awful diction. Oops, I already complained about him, didn't I?
Well, the point is that the story was not half bad, but there were way too many continuity jerks. Especially, in the action sequences. An action flick has to have action that I can see an appreciate to be slick. But in this one, it's more like the tight budget and editing tools were used more to cover the difficult-to-do action sequences rather than make it a fast-paced thriller.
Oh well, another one that can be skipped unless you have absolutely-absolutely nothing to do.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Loads
- Language: mostly clean
- Nudity & Sexual content: Loads of skin show. One seduction scene.
- Concept: That of one being convicted of terrorism and trying to prove himself innocent.
- General Look and Feel: Gray and grainy - the non-classy kind
Chase - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Website Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Maverick Productions Private Limited
- Producer: Dr Anuuj J Saxena
- Director: Jag Mundhra
- Lead Cast: Dr Anuuj J Saxena, Udita Goswami, Rajesh Khattar, Samir Kochhar
- Supporting Cast: Aditya Raj Kapoor, Tareena Patel, Gulshan Grover
- Story: Tanveer Khan
- Screenplay: Tanveer Khan
- Dialogues: Abhiram Bhadkamkar
- Cinematography: Uday Tiwari, Uday Tiwari
- Editor: Prateek Panddiya
- Background Score: Amar Mohile
- Action Choreography: Tierre Turner, Winston West
- Choreography: Raju Khan, Feroz Abbas Khan, Firoz Khan
- Music Director: Vijay Verma, Udbhav Ojha
- Lyrics: Manthan, Jalees Sherwani
- Art Direction: Hilary Kinzler
- Running time: 105 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Genres: Action, Crime