Bhoothnath - Notepad
The first half-second half syndrome strikes again. Bhoothnath starts off with imaginative use of animation and has a cute, very enjoyable first half. The latter half not only makes you sorely miss all of it, but also replaces it with lectures (albeit short), a depressing attitude towards youth that go abroad for better prospects, and very avoidable religious connotations.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Bhoothnath (Amitabh Bachchan), the resident ghost of Nath villa, refuses to let anyone stay in his home. Banku's (Aman Siddiqui's) family moves into this house and Banku befriends Bhoothnath.
- Aman's point of view shot when he first sets his eyes on Bhoothnath.
- In the hospital scene, Juhi Chawla says, "dheere se daudo". Hilarious!!
- Aman's delight in throwing stuff into fire - believable and adorable.
What did not
- What's this whole deal about making your kids feel guilty for not behaving as expected? Is that why Kailashnath had kids? So that he could run him down when he was older?!
- The scene where Aditya confronts Vijay? Why would Vijay heed to Aditya in matters related to his family? Also the scene looked like Priyanshu and Shah Rukh Khan were shot separately against a blue screen to be joint together later.
- Surely parents can't laugh at the principal of their child's school!
- The crowd watching the movie. No woohoos for either Amitabh Bachchan or Shah Rukh Khan? Where's the energy gone?
- Why would a person with a short and sweet name like 'Aman' be elongated to 'Banku'?
- How come Bhoothnath's hand passes through Banku's hand once and doesn't at other times?
- Where is Banku's mom on his sport's day?
- How come Bhoothnath's grandson, doesn't have an accent?
- I didn’t get the whole significance of the statement, "kuchh kaam adhure reh jaate hai" (some things are left incomplete)
- Shah Rukh Khan buttoned-down kurta to bare his clean shaven chest, when he is sitting for a Pooja (prayer)!!!
- How come Banku, a new student, garner so much support on Day 1 at new school?
- Are we really expected to believe that the family of a cruise-liner employee shifts home, school, etc everytime the employee goes to a different port? Where's the logic in that if the family is going to be away from the employee, anyway?!
- Who makes a call to his family to check on them with an engineering drawing in his hand!?
- Bhoothnath's nails are supposed to be dirty and unkempt. But they are all the same shape - sharp edges, et al! They should have crudely cut the false nails!!
- Why is a sport's day announcement being made indoors?