Tere Bin Laden Dead Or Alive - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
What if a Osama look-alike is needed and found by both the US and some Mujahideen? Such an interesting premise for a story. And you have the intention to make it comical – a spoof on terrorism, war, international politics, film industries and more. As engaging as that sounds, Tere Bin Laden – Dead or Alive gets into repetitive situations and ends up making 110 minutes seem way longer than they are.
From the beginning the movie is loud and doesn't try to mask the fact that it is aiming for slapstick. Even so, it is acceptable because the satire is amusing. Unfortunately, the well of satire has little water and dries up soon. What is left then is the ridiculous situation that our characters have found themselves in.
Ridiculous doesn't always equal funny though. You could laugh at how silly all of it is. But, each of those laughs is wiped out by stretching the scene way longer than its viable life. The actors can only do so much. They are asked to be loud and loud they are. Of the lot, Pradhuman Singh stays as restrained as it can possibly be making his character quite adorable, as it is meant to be. Interestingly, Ali Zafar is annoyingly insuferable as he is meant to be too. Manish Paul overplays the comedy but again it is difficult to comment on his over-acting without blaming the writer-director.
With little in the story beyond the basic premise, Tere Bin Laden Dead or Alive ends up just killing its potential to be lively. See, I am bored enough to do bad puns too. Better stop here.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Lots of bombing. However, all in a spoofy manner
- Language: Abusive words used.
- Nudity & Sexual content: A few innuendos. Sexually suggestive behavior in a couple of scenes.
- Concept: What if a Osama look-alike is needed and found by both the US and terrorists in Pakistan.
Tere Bin Laden Dead Or Alive - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Walkwater Media
- Producer: Pooja Shetty Deora, Aarti Shetty
- Director: Abhishek Sharma
- Lead Cast: Manish Paul, Pradhuman Singh, Sikander Kher, Ali Zafar, Piyush Mishra, Iman Crosson, Sugandha Garg, Munna Dhiman
- Supporting Cast: Mia Uyeda, Rahul Singh
- Story: Pradhuman Singh, Abhishek Sharma
- Cinematography: Amalendu Chaudhary
- Editor: Chandan Arora
- Background Score: Dhruv Dhalla
- Action Choreography: Parveez Sheikh
- Music Director: Ram Sampath
- Costume Designer: Samidha Wangnoo
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 110 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
Tere Bin Laden Dead Or Alive - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube