Sikandar - Notepad
Just like ever-so-beautiful Kashmir gets grimmer as you look deeper into the situation there, the magnificent bird's eye view of the film is marred by the unpolished details. The glowing loopholes distract from the range of interesting, socio-political underlying themes.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
A young, diffident Kashmiri lad, Sikandar (Parzaan Dastur) faces the usual growing-up problems - Being bossed over by the brats in school. And one day he finds an unusual power at his disposal. The lure of the fear created in the enemy because of the power goes out of control.
- The change of color of Nasreen's scarf in the last reel of the film.
- Nasreen wearing red in a important sequence of the film.
What did not
- How come Sikandar didn't need to do whatever it is you do with a gun before shooting it the first time.
- How on earth does Mukhtar (Sanjay Suri) know exactly how things are playing out?
- How does Sahgeer Quadir (Arunoday Singh) know where to find Sikandar?
- Are students randomly walk in and out of classes in Kashmiri schools?
- How come everyone knows Sikandar is the guy who did it all and exactly what he's upto, including his aunt?
- How does everyone recognize Sikandar?
- Do selection committees have banners announcing where they are sitting, etc?