Shortcut Romeo - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
Shortcut Romeo is desperate to be stylish, desperate to have a story, desperate to fill in all the elements considered to constitute a Hindi thriller - love, drama, action, betrayal. Only thing missing seems to comedy, thank goodness for some mercies. Yet, you have to give them some leeway for trying, even if they tried way too hard.
You have a blackmailer (Neil Nitin Mukesh) taking advantage of having caught a rich woman (Ameesha Patel) red-handed. But this lady ain't going to take it lying down and gives him a good fight at being nasty. Interestingly, both supposedly have shades of good in them too.
The schemes and counter-schemes they design are too elaborate and lie too obviously at the mercy of coincidences, which actually happen. Not to mention, they are a tad predictable too. The characters are either nasty or uninteresting for you to invest in them. That leaves the dialogue in the writing department to pull you in. Shortcut Romeo doesn't manage to take you in with any good lines either.
The performances too are as dull as one would expect from Ameesha Patel or Neil Nitin Mukesh. However, the latter does try hard to infuse life into his lines and to bring out the mean streak in his character. Puja Gupta too tries her best to be sensuous and simple, but that ultimately amounts to a one-expression deal. The rest of the supporting cast is outright bad with their dialogue delivery and body language.
Even so, it does feel like the makers give Shortcut Romeo its best shot. It doesn't feel like they take the audience for granted. Its just that the ability of the writer/director to engage us is limited.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Lots of fist fights.
- Language: A few abusive words. A lot of talk about sleeping around and sex.
- Nudity & Sexual content: A makeout scene that is oft-repeated. A liplock.
- Concept: Greed for money, true love, extra-marital affairs, blackmail and so on.
- General Look and Feel: Regular attempt at stylish presentation.
Shortcut Romeo - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook Twitter YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Susi Ganesh Productions
- Producer: Manjari Susi Ganesh
- Director: Susi Ganesh
- Lead Cast: Neil Nitin Mukesh, Amisha Patel, Puja Gupta, Rajesh Shringarpore
- Supporting Cast: Jatin Grewal, Errol Peter Marks, Meherzan Mazda, Vrajesh Hirjee, Ashutosh Kaushik, Himesh Reshammiya
- Story: Susi Ganesh
- Screenplay: Susi Ganesh
- Cinematography: N K Ekambaram
- Editor: Dilip Deo, Hardik Singh Reen
- Action Choreography: Silva, Kanal Kannan
- Choreography: Raju Khan, Vishnu Deva
- Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya
- Lyrics: Sameer, Shabbir Ahmed, Sanjay Masoom, Manoj Yadav
- Costume Designer: Mehul Thakkar, Rocky. S
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 145 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Crime, Romance, Thriller
Shortcut Romeo - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube