Shakal Pe Mat Ja - Review
Dir: Shubh Mukherjee
Loud, louder, loudest. And this is even when the background music is in control. The characters are just shouting out their lines. Not that the story had anything sparkling, delightful or comic about it.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
Shakal Pe Mat Ja comes across as a vehicle for one particular person to exhibit everything he has. As if that is not bad enough, each talent that this particular person is show-casing is not worth even commenting on, let alone making a film out of. Shubh Mukherjee has written, directed and is the lead actor.
The angles chosen, especially in the beginning of the film, are stylish but are a complete misfit for a comedy that is about four friends who are suspected as terrorists and there are real terrorists lurking around. This one-line description is all you know for most of the first half. Nothing new happens except the same characters repeat the same questions and stories and fart jokes. Actually, the toilet humor is some of the worst - yes, even worse than Delhi Belly. Do people really laugh at urine being sprayed around? Disgusting.
For all you know this might be the writer/director's tribute/reference to the film. Because there are enough number of those strewn through the film - each one of them contrived, painful and out-of-place. In fact, the writing is abysmal for a comedy. There might be a spot or two that make you smile because the silliness is getting too out-of-hand.
The actors are all loud without exception - even after you've accepted that the genre supposedly demands raw noise.
Shakal Pe Mat Ja is a tiring experience at twenty minutes over two hours. It is one of those films that you don't know where to start your complains
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Beating up
- Language: Swear word are silenced out.
- Nudity & Sexual content: A lot of talk about porn.
- Concept: 4 friends get into trouble.
- General Look and Feel: Slapsticky
Shakal Pe Mat Ja - Movie Details
- Banner: Linc Entertainment, Ipix Movies
- Producer: Sarita Jalan, Deepak Jalan
- Director: Shubh Mukherjee
- Lead Cast: Shubh Mukherjee, Pratik Katare, Saurabh Shukhla, Raghuvir Yadav, Chitrak Bandhopadyay
- Story: Shubh Mukherjee
- Screenplay: Shubh Mukherjee
- Dialogues: Shubh Mukherjee
- Cinematography: Sahir Raza, Sahir Raza
- Editor: Nipun Ashok Gupta
- Music Director: Sulaiman Merchant
- Lyrics: Yo YO Honey Singh, Shraddha Pandit, Shubh
- Costume Designer: Gurmehar Kaur
- Art Direction: Sunil Nigvekar
- Running time: 140 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Comedy, Crime, Docu-drama
Shakal Pe Mat Ja - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube