Risk - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Suryakant (Randeep Hooda) is determined to get rid of the mafia in Mumbai. And he is not particularly interested in the means. He doesn’t mind doing what it takes. Meanwhile, Naidu (Zakir Hussain) has reentered the underworld scene and is trying to make his presence felt. In doing this he irks his ex-boss and current leader Khalid (Vinod Khanna). Naidu has the backing of Home Minister (Anant Jog) while Khalid is close to Devki (who has a strong hold in politics). How the all use each other to get what the need is what the movie is all about.
- The characters are introduced by a voice over, very regular dialogue. But the sequences you see on screen create a huge impact and set the stage for the characters.
- The pace at which Suryakant eliminates a few members of the Khalid gang has come out very well. But, then they repeated it 5 times and spoilt the show.
What did not
- What kind of an inspector meets his informer in broad daylight at a public place? And to top it, the otherwise all-knowing gangsters don't catch the informer.
- Full cinematic liberty taken to show a dramatic shooting in a prison.
- In one scene, Suryakant has a vision of Khalid. How could that be? He hadn't even seen Khalid yet!
- It is annoying when in such a tight plot just to establish the main characters, a side character does something really stupid! E.g., A small dealer does not know that it is silly to lie to Khalid. His character is made to do that just to make Khalid look scarier.
- It made me laugh when in one scene Suryakant was shaving his stubble and in the next scene he still had it!
- The sunlight was exceptionally bright in a scene where it was pouring cats and dogs.