Prague - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
The illusion called reality. You walk into the mind of another person and you are bound to feel disoriented. And if the mind of that person is under illusions, your can only imagine the chaos you find yourself in. This is the world Prague takes you to - the world of a young man, Chandan where he has lost capacity to tell between reality and illusion, how do you expect to get it?
If only, Prague sensitizes you to the constantly shaken up feeling of a person suffering from schizophrenia. If you find it uncomfortable to watch, imagine what that person's life must be like. It is a mercy then that you know the trigger behind Chandan's hallucinations. Else, the only way to explain the workings of these illusions is chemical imbalance.
Prague then is an intense, trippy snippet of Chandan's life. Played out beautifully by Chandan Roy Sanyal and his hallucinations - guilt-tripper Arfi Lamba, lover Elena Kazan and alter-ego friend Mayank Kumar. Or maybe they are real people and not his hallucinations.
This constant doubt makes the film predictable in that you doubt everything you are watching and wonder if you'll ever know what the reality is. Yet, the edgy, non-linear treatment keeps you hooked. Interestingly, the non-linearity is what brings a weird sense of flow to the events. You might never find out the chronological order of events, and yet it might make sense to you because it doesn't really matter.
I am instantly attracted to things that I don't understand completely. The intrigue in itself is enticing. This is where Prague scores.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: No physical violence as such, but there characters are constantly mentally harrassed.
- Language: Loads of abusive language
- Nudity & Sexual content: Making out scenes, kisses, pole dance, etc.
- Concept: A walk through the mind of a person suffering from schizophrenia.
- General Look and Feel: Edgy and trippy.
Prague - Movie Details
- Official Sites: YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: Maxwell Entertainment Pvt. Ltd, Glamour Struck Productions
- Producer: Rohit Khaitan, Sunil Pathare
- Director: Ashish Shukla
- Lead Cast: Chandan Roy Sanyal, Elena Kazan, Arfi Lamba
- Supporting Cast: Mayank Kumar, Sonia Bindra
- Story: Ashish Shukla, Sumit Saxena
- Screenplay: Ashish Shukla, Sumit Saxena, Vijay Varma, Akshandra Mishra
- Cinematography: Uday Singh Mohite
- Editor: Meghana Manchanda Sen
- Action Choreography: Parvez Shaikh
- Music Director: Atif Afzal
- Art Direction: Siddharth Mathawan, Mrinal Das
- Running time: 110 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Noir, Philosophy
Prague - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube