Naqaab - Notepad
It is a shame that another brilliant concept has been flushed down the drain because of half-baked attempts at narrating and acting. The product comes across as tacky because of the constant shuffle between comedy, unintentional comedy, a few extra-predictable scenes, and unexpected plot twists.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Karan (Bobby Deol) and Sophie (Urvashi Sharma) are deeply in love with each other and are all set to get married. Sophie meets Vicky (Akshaye Khanna) and has a change of heart. Who masks what emotion is for you to find out...
- The curiosity created by the black and white camera shots. You know someone is recording what is happening to the characters in the movie, but you don't know who and what for.
- The horizontal and vertical transitions (wipes) between scenes that looked like the roll of a die.
What did not
- The opening sequence introducing Sophie comes across as a badly composed fashion show. Also, there is only one model.
- What was the whole idea behind making Sophie work at a Burger King. I hope it was not just to show that she wouldn't know how to hold a wine glass. She might as well have worked in a better paying job. Atleast that way the rent at the huge bungalow could have been justified.
- A parking lot is full of cars. In broad daylight, Sophie hears a sound. Why does she behave as if all hell has broken loose? Is nobody allowed to move in the lot when she is walking around?!
- Last but not the least, why was Sophie the chosen one? Oh, this is not Harry Potter, is it...sorry...
- Why is the door to Vicky's house open in the scene where Sophie comes from the wedding?
- Why do people wear sunglasses when they are indoors? Especially while they are watching TV?
- Why does Vicky own girly clothes? Especially jeans that fit a girl?
- How come none of Sophie's relatives attend the wedding?
- How come Sophie doesn't suspect anything when she sees so many strangers at the wedding?