Love Breakups Zindagi - Review
Love Breakups Zindagi is a very sedate kind of a relationships film. It is a casual and everyday-like take on the subject but it also turns out to be long-drawn and boring. Not worth a trip to the theaters for the one or two insightful things it has to say about romantic relationships.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
Love Breakups Zindagi has very deliberately written and made film. You can see the thought put in the growth of the characters and their interactions. Unfortunately, the makers aren't able to build momentum soon enough. They take too long to establish the chemistry between various characters and it ends up being a little too slow.
Unfortunately, this happens because they are trying to imitate life. It takes time to establish friendships and romantic relationships. The little things that attract people to each other take their own sweet time to reveal themselves. Real people give a lot of thought before breaking up with their partner and it is a tough decision. But, there are times when the slow pace works in a film and there are times when it doesn't. In Love Breakups Zindagi it mostly doesn't.
Sadly, it is not for lack of trying. I really like the simple theme picked to make the film about, "Opposites attract, but choose a like-minded partner" but ironically, the simplicity makes it too dull. The effort is visible. The restraint in spending about 30-45 minutes of a film in a wedding set-up and keeping it quite is visible and I actually appreciate it too. But, the dialogue is too plain and thus too boring.
Maybe, if the film were left to better actors, it would have pepped the film up a bit. But, Zayed Khan just doesn't work as a romantic hero. Every time he tries to emote a sentimental emotion, he brings a cringe. Dia Mirza is good as the confused girl who wants to do the right thing, but there is nothing special about her. Cyrus Sahukar has an effected dialogue delivery, the words don't flow. Tisca Chopra is the only one who looks competent and fit for her role, but then again this must be a cake walk for her.
I usually, avoid talking about cameos, but here Shah Rukh Khan's special appearance brings about a very real, very believable reaction from Naina (Dia Mirza). It is adorable. But other than that the cameo, like most cameos, is dispensible.
And that hurts because the biggest culprit in Love Breakups Zindagi's failure is the length. Had these cameos been chopped off, had a couple of side-stories been taken away, the film would be a crisper product rather than a limp one, which you are most likely to watch among many other things while flipping channels.
Love Breakups Zindagi is one of those cases where rating it as "watch if you have nothing better to do" sounds a bit too harsh. It doesn't have laugh out loud or super-aawwww moments. But it is sweet and it does have a few relatable insights about relationships. But you have to be a very patient person to enjoy them.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: None
- Language: Clean
- Nudity & Sexual content: None
- Concept: That of waiting around till you find the right life-partner
- General Look and Feel: It’s a sweet romantic environment.
Love Breakups Zindagi - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Website Facebook YouTube IMDB
- Banner: Sahara Motion Pictures, Born Free Entertainment Pvt Ltd
- Producer: Zayed Khan, Dia Mirza, Sahil Sangha
- Director: Sahil Sangha
- Lead Cast: Dia Mirza, Zayed Khan
- Supporting Cast: Tisca Chopra, Cyrus Sahukar, Satyadeep Misra, Vaibhav Talwar, Pallavi Sharda, Umang Jain, Auritra Ghosh, Farida Jalal, Soni Razdan, Amar Talwar, Rahul Guha, Nandini Sen, Kamini Khanna
- Story: Sahil Sangha
- Screenplay: Sahil Sangha
- Dialogues: Sahil Sangha, Sanyukta Shaikh Chawla
- Cinematography: Aseem Bajaj, Aseem Bajaj
- Editor: Rameshwar S Bhagat
- Background Score: Clinton Cerejo
- Choreography: Rajeev Goswami, Remo D'Souza, Rajeev Goswami
- Music Director: Salim Merchant, Sulaiman Merchant
- Lyrics: Javed Akhtar
- Costume Designer: Theia Tekchandaney
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 150 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Comedy, Docu-drama, Romance
Love Breakups Zindagi - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube