Khoya Khoya Chand - Notepad
Khoya Khoya Chand jumps from sub-plot to sub-plot showcasing only the end result in each case and not the process that led to it. It feels like the crew took a break after each sequence and the loss of continuity shows. While the songs reflect the charm of the 50s, you might be better off just listening to them.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Nikhat (Soha Ali Khan) is a struggling actress. Prem Kumar (Rajat Kapoor), a top-rated actor takes a fancy to her and gets her a role in a movie opposite him. Zaffar (Shiney Ahuja) is a writer who likes Nikhat too. Shamol (Vinay Pathak) is an Assistant Director. The story is about Nikhat and her relationships with these men.
- The way the camera moves with the shuttlecock during the badminton game.
- The way the dirt is cleaned off by the wipers of the car, as if symbolizing a new start for Nikhat. But that thought is not taken further in the plot.
- The entire scene where only Nikhat's back is shown. You can see her face only in the reflection of a mirror. Very nicely done.
What did not
- The use of blue screen in the scene after Prem Kumar announces his engagement.
- The lighting in the car scene with Nikhat and Zaffar.
- Khwaab ho tum ya koi haqeeqat from Teen Deviyan (1965) was playing in the background. A little while later a song wishing you a happy new year in 1965 was shown as a part of the movie.
- The love making scene between Zaffar and Ratnabala was shot very shabbily. Soft-blurred-focus with the camera making circles - looked really bad.
- Nikhat is shivering from drinking too much and barely able to stand in one scene. And in the next she is walking about with all confidence - straight and poised.
- The twists in the end - all too late and attempt to bring in a story.
- Shamol seemingly cares a lot for Nikhat. He allows her to drink when she is so ill.
- Why do Shamol and Zaffar who are such good friends start calling each other names in the end?
- Nikhat is shown taking a face steam. But her face shows no sweat!
- Slow motion in the scene where Nikhat is leaving Sharda's home, why?