Jo Hum Chahein - Review
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
Jo Hum Chahein is cheese and sap at its worst. It's been a long time since I've seen so many women getting wooed by such crap after acknowledging that it is crap. So, they are supposed to be smart and yet they fall for whatever it is they were intended to fall for. Beats me!
Theoretically, there is always at least one thing nice to say about a film even if you hated it. That usually comes in the form of dialogue - which we’ve ruled out - or basic plot or situations or acting or at least the music. But, na-ah! It felt like I was watching a school play where the teacher said, happy means :-), and angry means :-| and sad means :'( and all of this can be said with flat dialogue delivery. No voice modulation necessary.
The music sounded generic though some of the lyrics were decent. Note the word 'some' there. At other times, the lyrics were trying to be cool with words like disc and CD thrown in. Anyway, it's not like you were going to go watch the film just for its lyrics.
There were these fleeting things which I thought was pretty sweet for such a superficial film. One was where a character says, "I used you because I could." Another where a character forgave another for a blunder because they wanted to forgive and not because of some melodrama was emoted their way. These two were pretty insightful things for characters to say and do. So much so that they actually seem accidental in this set-up.
Yet, nothing about Jo Hum Chahein is average enough to watch even if it's playing on TV. Skippity-skip!
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: A few punches
- Language: Nothing directly obscene or abusive
- Nudity & Sexual content: A couple of making out scenes and kisses
- Concept: Coming of age of a self-centered guy
- General Look and Feel: Bright and attempt at peppy
Jo Hum Chahein - Movie Details
- Official Sites: Facebook YouTube Wikipedia IMDB
- Banner: T Series
- Producer: Aman Gill
- Director: Pawan Gill
- Lead Cast: Sunny Gill, Simran Kaur Mundi
- Supporting Cast: Alyy Khan, Achint Kaur
- Story: Pawan Gill
- Screenplay: Pawan Gill
- Dialogues: Rashmi Kulkarni, Rashmi Kulkarni
- Cinematography: Manush Nandan, Manush Nandan
- Editor: Bakul Matiyani
- Background Score: Sachin Gupta
- Choreography: Aadil Shaikh, Adil Shaikh
- Music Director: Sachin Gupta
- Lyrics: Kumaar
- Costume Designer: Priyanjali Lahiri
- Art Direction: Vinati Makinjany
- Facebook Page: Link
- Running time: 140 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Country: India
- Genres: Docu-drama, Romance
Jo Hum Chahein - Trailer
If you cannot see a video above, click here to see it on YouTube