Ishqiya - Notepad
"Something's missing." Yeah, Ishqiya is one of those films that leaves with you that feeling. Once you believe in the story, its well told. But even after the plot has unfolded there's a huge gap in understanding the characters.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Khalu-jaan (Naseeruddin Shah) and Babban (Arshad Warsi) are small-time thugs who find themselves in a not-so small soup. They go to Varma's house for help and meet Mrs. Krishna Varma (Vidya Balan). Will she come to their aide?
- The opening sequence. Sizzling and earthy. Vidya Balan is going to set lots of hearts beating and more.
What did not
- What was the point of the old lady? Reminded me of the old woman from Rann
- Khalu-jaan fantasizing about Krishna, didn't work at all because it was very generic. Took away from the beautiful song.
- The entire kidnapped guy's side-plot
- Why couldn't bright Mr. Varma not smell the leaking gas.
Isn't the voice on the phone (Mushtaq's wife) Vidya Balan's voice? If yes, why?
- Vidya Balan's bleached facial hair is visible. Not the right color of bleach. It looks very shabby.