Hattrick - Notepad
With hardly any relevance to cricket the story is very general. The actors do the best they can with the lame dialogues given to them. The music is loud and pretty much unpleasant (except the promo song).
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Dr. Satya and David have diametrically opposite views about cricket and so do Saby and Kash. Hemu is trying his best to become a citizen of UK. The three stories are held together by a flimsy thread of cricket.
- The scene where Saby calls Kash is beautiful. It is a very nice silhouette shot.
What did not
- Hemu Patel seemed to be speaking perfect English for a not-so educated Gujrati working as a janitor.
- David says, "isko to out karna padega, ye to chipak hi gaya hai" when England's score was 11 for 2!
- Immigration officer shows up for the send-off party and is the person to inform Hemu's wife! Ridiculous!
- The way Hemu's daughter transforms without any reason, not even a lame preachy lecture
- When David is giving a lesson on cricket to Dr. Satya he shows field positions without any reference to whether the batsman is left-handed or right-handed.
- Who were the girl and boy in white coats almost always with Dr. Satya? Doctors, interns, students? They put a saline on for David even before Dr. Satya has seen what was wrong with him. To top it off, Dr. Satya prescribes tests even before examining David! How long had they been working with him? Why were they so surprised when he spoke to patients in his regular style?
- In Saby and Kash's bedroom, a bright orange colored clock was facing the audience rather than a place where the couple could see it!
- Kash's friend is trying to tell her that she should look at the 22 men on the field! As far as I know there can only be 14 players on the field at any given point - 16 if you count the umpires. Unless she was talking about drinks time…oh! Never mind...
- Amazing how David's hiccups never came in the middle of a word.
- Hemu was one well-to-do janitor - he placed 5 Pound bets, drank Starbucks coffee, had a mobile.
- Couldn't they find something other than bright red paint to show blood on cotton in the operation theater?