Review - Fox: slyest thing around but half-cunning it is
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
Fox is the writer-director's angst against unethical lawyers and could extend to any profession that is meant to help the common man but is most likely used to save the minority - rich. An awesome concept that could lead to a social awakening and all that jazz, but that's not the intention here. It saves us the lectures and turns it into a story which unfortunately is far-fetched and leaves some important questions unanswered.
While Fox has one of the best cliffhangers at interval, the film is still largely predictable. And that is a little because of the way it's written and more because of the costumes, make-up, background music, camerawork, etc. And that is a huge bummer.
There are some parts of the writing which work, like the going is not easy for the protagonists. They are as flabbergasted by the turn of events as the audience and trying whatever they can. But, it also has the usual lapses in character sketches where a smart character very conveniently turns naïve.
Arjun Rampal (Arjun Kapoor) plays a self-absorbed lawyer. Though Kapoor's dilemma in the beginning comes a little too quick, Rampal convincingly looks both agitated and at peace when Kapoor needs to be. There's nothing very new for Sunny Deol (Crime Branch officer, Yashwant Deshmukh) to do, so he goes through the drill mustering up all the interest he can.
Sagarika Ghatge (Arjun's girlfriend, Urvashi) and Udita Goswami (a leading publisher, Sophie) have token roles and are made to arrive and depart from the screen at will. That both Sophie and Urvashi are required to wear as revealing clothes as possible irrespective of whether they are at work or in a police station, tells us why they are in this script.
Sure, Fox is not completely smart or well-thought out, but a murder suspense that doesn't have money and 100% revenge as the killer's motivation deserves some plus points.
- meeta, a part of the audience
- Violence: Mentions murders.
- Language: Clean.
- Nudity & Sexual content: Mention of rape. Mild seduction. Liberal display of cleavage.
- Concept: Right vs. Wrong. Revenge, cheating, abuse of law.
- General Look and Feel: It’s a serious film with a crime-related story line. Has songs every once in a while.
Fox - Movie Details
- Banner: Tijori Entertainment, Rohit Kumar Productions, Zee Motion Pictures
- Producer: Deepak Tijori
- Director: Deepak Tijori
- Lead Cast: Sunny Deol, Arjun Rampal, Sagarika Ghatge
- Supporting Cast: Udita Goswami, Vipul Gupta
- Story: Deepak Tijori
- Screenplay: Deepak Tijori
- Dialogues: Kamlesh Pandey, Kamal Pandey
- Cinematography: Nigam Bomzan, Nigam Bomzan
- Editor: Manish More
- Background Score: Monty Sharma
- Action Choreography: Manohar Verma
- Choreography: Rajeev Goswami, Raju Khan
- Music Director: Monty Sharma
- Lyrics: Sandeep Nath
- Costume Designer: Falguni Thakore
- Running time: 110 minutes
- Reviewer: meeta
- Language: Hindi
- Genres: Crime