The Dirty Picture - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
Silk (Vidya Balan) a village girl wants to do well herself and has no qualms about using any means at her disposal.
- Silk being in love with her own photographs
- The fun poked at critics. Loved it! :P
- The award scene - I liked it and I didn't. It works but didn't like it because it put on screen what was being told with subtlety so far.
- Vidya Balan's make-up towards the end of the film. Her face actually looks swollen from having had too much to drink.
What did not
- The red sari in the end. Come on, the woman never wore a proper sari in her life! The bindi was ok, I could go with it only because Silk Smitha would wear a bindi with hot pants.
- Vidya Balan's make-up in the beginning. Looked a little too labored. The bra-strap showing all the time, the nail-polish half-removed, was too accurately the same throughout, the unkemptness looked methodical.
- An "amma" knows the name of a producer of a film, really? I thought we knew our films only by their star cast.
- Emraan Hashmi's lines that start with, "kya hai na?" How lame!
- Silk who is obsessed by how she looks seeing her reflection in muck. A metaphor too literal.
- Silk's nastiness with Suryakant's wife, felt out of character.