Dasvidaniya - Notepad
Quality of life certainly wins over quantity. Dasvidaniya has enough number of interesting characters that is played by a very capable crew. Characters germinate and grow in enough details for us to see the shades.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Amar (Vinay Pathak) realizes that he has only a few weeks left to live. He almost instantaneously at the command of his alter ego, sets out to do things he'd always wanted to do. (The concept of the movie reminded me vaguely of Day and Night, Denmark. It was a lot more morbid though.)
- The munnabhai joke, I was thinking just the same thing, so the timing was perfect. If it came a little later it would be bracketed "predictable"
- The dream sequence. Haven't seen anything that freaky in Hindi movies in a long, long time.
- Amar's mom's reaction to his achievements.
- Amar's way of expressing his love.
- The irony that the protagonist's name is Amar which means "immortal".
- The irony that the "ma" scene is being shot satirically for a TV serial and then there's a heartfelt "ma" song.