Cocktail - Notepad
A good chick flick is just the right amount of chewing gum for the brain. Light and breezy it is good while it lasts. Cocktail lasts till a little after interval when it starts moping and mulling. A promising start meets a generic, uninteresting end.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Boy meets girl. Boy meets another girl. The three have fun together until they all fall in love.
- The sequences in discos/pubs.
- The disco sequence in which Veronica is depicted as lonely in the madness. Edited really well.
- Deepika Padukone's performance in the drunk sequence where she feels cheated and abandoned.
- A man crying whole-heartedly on screen - always find something very human about it.
- Gautam's proposal in staggered thoughts.
What did not
Everything that was typical of romantic films. From the abandoned lover seeing their reflection in a broken mirror to a lover going from one country to another to find their loved one.
- Veronica's shoes in her introductory scene.