A Wednesday - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
A police officer narrates the most interesting case of his life a day before he is going to retire.
- The sound in the scene where Officer Jai drops his wife off at a station and comes out to see a constable(?) being bribed by a taxi driver. The train sounds in the background with the argument between the constable and the taxi driver in the foreground sounded great.
- Color saturation of the reds and yellows in the first few Naseeruddin Shah scenes.
- Chetan Pandit's (Chief Minister of Maharashtra's) pronounced Marathi accent while speaking Hindi and English. Even more admirable if Chetan Pandit can actually speak other languages without that accent.
- Beautiful touch in the end where Naseeruddin Shah goes back to fetch his groceries.
What did not
- What was the purpose of the actor's (Arjun Khanna's) sub-plot?
- Priya's (Officer Jai's wife's), dialogue delivery. It had a drone to it that was quite annoying.
- What was the meaning of Naseeruddin Shah's shots being interspersed with the close-up of an eye when the terrorists' profiles were being discussed?
- Are prisoners given paan/tobacco to chew on in our jails? Ikhtaque Ahmed, a terrorist serving sentence, was shown chewing something and spitting while walking out of the prison.