3 Idiots - Notepad
Though 3 idiots is a little more slapsticky than the Munnabhai series, the crass humor seems to be with a purpose. What remains fascinating is the blend of comedy with his social messages, as usual. He makes being good look so simple.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Rancho (Aamir Khan) is a student of Engineering who is more interested in the Science rather than the jargon. He teaches Farhan (R Madhavan) and Raju (Sharman Joshi) to look at their lives the same way.
- The little things that comment on society today like - the wife doing Pranaayam (breathing exercises) while her attention sways everywhere or the blatant use of phones in a library
- Boman Irani's lisp - awesome!
- Coinages like "millimeter, jahaanpana, and of course aal izz well"
- If the statistic is right - 1 student per hour kills himself in India. Then it is a shocker. And I think all of us need to know that.
- The improvisations - whether they work in reality or not, and whether they are possible or not - they were fun to watch.
- The cinematography in the climax scene.
- The editing of the joobi-doobi song. And the birdie dance too
What did not
- The slowish start. With Madhavan's whole airplane routine. It was unengaging.
- How did Rancho know the exact part of the door frame the senior would piss at?
- Boman Irani's Einstein look.
- Why can't a person on screen strumming a guitar strum it to time it with the strings playing? It looks so damn bad!
- The hostel was too neat and clean for a boy's hostel.
- So, the whole campus knows someone has died and only our 3 Idiots run to him? Why?
- Rancho happily jumping in to give Pia some free advice. It's not like he was doing it for everybody. That bit just didn't work.
- So our man, Raju took his toothbrush but forgot to put on pants. He has his priorities right, alright! Hygiene is more important than appearances!
- Ha ha! The word "piss" actually found place in a English-Hindi dictionary!
- Awesome T-shirts they all had!
- Nice sherwani that Suhas character had. Hope it becomes a trend-setter.