Secratariat - Notepad
Life of Penny Chenery and her horse Secretariat which went on to become a record setter back in 1973. Great story but unimpressive screenplay makes this one engaging for those who know about horses and horse races. Others can watch to find out about it.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
- Close up shots of the horses, faces and hooves.
- Silent scenes which reinforce that actions are greater than words.
- Long scene where Penny listens to her daughter on the phone, which was done in one shot.
- Huge race courses and the feel they bring.
What did not
- Pushy dialogues, which said less and harmed more.
- Forced movements of the lead character makes her look awkward.
- Irregular flow of screenplay.
- It did not leave you with a great feeling of being motivated.