Rock On - Notepad
Dir: Abhishek Kapoor
Who hasn’t had a row with a friend? Time to make that call and hug the friend you didn’t patch-up with ages ago. That’s the warmth you feel while watching Rock On!!. In the end, you connect and that’s what counts!
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
A group of very closely-knit friends have a fallout because of misunderstanding. 10 years later, they try to patch up.
- Rob’s walk from darkness to light when his long last friend calls.
- What the magik band does to raise some money for new equipment - HILARIOUS!
- The sound design in the crowd scenes absolutely stood out. The cheering of the crowd felt like the theater audience was a part of the rock show audience.
- The camerawork in the songs. Especially in the first Channel [V] competition.
- The chemistry between Jo and Adi in the scene where they meet after 10 years. The hesitation, the awkwardness, the lack of eye contact.
- Just the way Prachi looks at the camera, implies chemistry between her and Farhan Akhtar, even though Farhan is not on camera. Kudos to both Prachi and the director for creating such and effect
- The way “ajeeb dastaan” is sung like a regular layperson would sing in a group of friends.
- Use of split screen in the climax song.
What did not
- Purab Kohli’s artificial beard!
- Arjun Rampal’s finger barely moving on the guitar, especially in the last concert. Similarly, Luke Kenny was just banging his fingers on the keyboard, didn’t look like he was playing it at all.
- Farhan Akhtar’s hairband completely rocked!! I’ve been looking for such a hairband for the longest time. Now thanks to his styler, it’ll be available at every nook and corner! Yay!!
- Arjun Rampal’s flying locks!
- How I wish realty show gave away their results as efficiently as shown here