Nanhe Jaisalmer - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Nanhe Jaisalmer (Dwij Yadav) is a tourist guide in Jaisalmer, and is deeply fascinated by Bobby Deol - yes the actor. The movie is about where this fascination leads Nanhe.
- The snippets from Bobby Deol's other movie - 'Soldier'...made me want to watch and review it immediately :)
- The contrast of Nanhe's loud character in the first half, where his character is immature, with the mellowed down and more responsible Nanhe.
- The scene in which Nanhe feeds his mother - tear-jerking.
- The shot that the song "Akhiya" ends with - creative and pleasing visuals.
What did not
- Nanhe's clothes - he had too many, and too clean, and new for a little boy of his age and economic background.
- Rajasthan is known for its conservatism. Are teenage girls allowed to dance on streets?
- Why is Nanhe's sister, Suman, dressed like a Punjabi when a boy and his family come to "see" her. They are in a hardcore Rajasthani city, right?
- The rickshaw scene (on the way back from the screening of 'Soldier'). The close-up did not work. It looked too artificial.
- The couple whose kids Nanhe tries to tease seemed too young to be parents of the kids.
- How do the kids mentioned above know that Nanhe can't read?