Mithya - Notepad
The tongue-in-cheek, sharp humor might not make you roll on the floor but surely makes you laugh out loud. Unfortunately this is only in the first half. The crisp plot withers away and the acting wanes as the climax approaches.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
VK (Ranvir Shorey) is a struggling actor who gets mixed up in a gang war due to no fault of his. Mithya is about how he gets out of the mess, if at all.
- The dream/nightmare sequence - brilliant picturization.
- Ranveer Shorey's make-up towards the end of the movie.
What did not
- The shot in which VK is trying to fight the heavy wind while it is raining. Looked pretty unconvincing.
- The sharp cut from the barber shop to the airport scene. Too abrupt and thus disorienting.
- The water special effect used in one scene with Neha Dhupia and Naseeruddin Shah was visually intriguing but the use itself felt rather random.
- Dubbing of the little boy who brought tea to their room - voice of an adult was used and seemed rather off.